Somehting to think about . . .

Hunger and the fear of failure . . . when you hit the wall, the only way left is up.

~Lorelei Bell

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

January 8th 2002

I'd read something I'd written in 1983. Wow. I was so despondent then. It was just before I'd published something in ByLIne & a poem. In Dec. of 1984 I said I'd "quit" writing. But by the following year I was back at it. My ideas flowing.

What I'd entered that day in '83 mirrors nearly what I'd written last summer (2001)

"Sometimes I feel as though I'm playing in a charade--that someday the bubble is going to bust and I'll find that my dream of becoming a successful writer will never be realized."

February of that year I had a poem and an article accepted (ByLIne). Then in June I sold another piece to ByLine--$20!. And I was writing the very 1st version of Vampire Legacy [1985].

To put things in perspective, I went back to school (NIU). In March of 1986 I met my husband, Dennis, fell in love, and never looked back--quit school too. What a bunch of B.S. I learn nothing in school. And at the university it's so filled with professors who have a big head about themselves.

Dennis and I sold our vehicles--him: his blue Mustang, Me: my Honda 200 mc. We went on an 8 week camping trip out west, got engaged, came back and worked at the bus company again.

No comments: